Sunday, September 15, 2013

Labour day and football

 Peter's folks came down for Labor Day weekend.  Friday we went out to eat at a new Mexican restaurant in town.  It was tasty.  Then Peter's mom and I went to see King John at the festival, which I enjoyed rather more than I thought I would, seen as how it is one of Shakespeare's histories.  

Saturday, we got up and went about our various forms of exercise then had a big breakfast at Paul and Kylee's house.  The afternoon was spent watching the BYU football game on tv.  I fell asleep during the electric storm delay and slept for a couple of hours.  Then I attempted to complete my reading homework for Tuesday.  We ordered Jimmy Johns, and finished the evening by seeing Peter and the Starcatchers at the festival.  That show is awesome.  From the title, it sounds like it would be a serious play, but it is hilarious.  At one point I was laughing so hard, I was crying.  It is essentially the story of how Peter Pan and all the characters in Neverland came to be.  The character called "The Black 'Stache," who eventually becomes Captain Hook, steals the show completely.

Monday we went to a fair in a little town not too far away.

A picture of the fair
This was carved out of wood.  The guy in the
background is the carver, and he uses
a chainsaw!
Mandatory self portrait
(still trying to figure out how to do these with my
phone so they don't come out blurry)

So, Paul and Kylee wanted to see the animals at the fair.  Well, these were the only animals we could find, so I guess they'll have to do :)




This is a BIG snake


I petted this turtle! (After Peter showed me where the hand sanitizer was, that is)




On our way back we went over the mountain and stopped to take some pictures















Another self-portrait, but this one much less blurry cuz we were able to use
voice commands



This was supposedly Dixie Forest, but I didn't really see enough trees to
qualify this as a forest--maybe I'm judging by Carolina standards ;)
(There were a few more trees later on, but this was right after the sign and I
thought it was rather humorous lol)
The following weekend, we went to SUU's first home football game of the season.  There are only like 6 of them this year! We kicked trash at this game, too.  49-0

Aren't we so cute in our matching Game Day shirts?
(I know, you can't really see the shirts, but they are matching! lol)
CC's mountains are so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment