Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Week in the Life of a Systematic Songbird Fall 2013

I realized that I mainly talk about the weekends, which is silly because we also have fun during the week!  Last Sunday our friends Alex and Malinda invited us over for dinner, and we enjoyed chatting with them for quite a while.  

Monday night, we had family home evening with an ever-growing circle of married (and dating) friends.  This week, we hosted, another couple had the spiritual thought (those are always so good at our FHE's--our friends are just awesome like that), and two other couples each brought a dessert (also delicious--our friends are good!).  Tomorrow night it's our turn to bring a dessert, so I'm going to make Hello Dolly!  If you don't know what that is, it is layers of chocolate, pecans, and sweetened condensed milk on top of a graham cracker crust--yum!

I don't remember anything exciting happening Tuesday, except that I was late to class (not even going there--too stressful!) and I took an online test that evening. 

Wednesday, I went to Computer Club for the first time (yay!).  We tested this set of 3D googles that are made for video game playing.  They were pretty cool, but they gave me a little bit of a headache.  Peter was able to go to PBL, which is Phi Beta Lambda or Professional Business Leaders.  They discussed what businesses they are going to visit this year, but I don't know if they decided on any.

Thursday was LONG.

But then it was Friday!!!  We went to a friend's house on Friday and played Werewolf, which is really fun.  We also played "the couch game," in which you gather enough chairs for everyone in the group plus one.  Then, you divide into two teams and put everybody's name in a hat.  Each person draws out a name and that becomes their new name.  The point of the game is to get four people from you team on a designated couch.  This is done in the following manner: the person who can put their right hand in the empty chair calls the name of someone in the group.  The person who drew that name out of the hat moves and sits in the empty chair.  This continues until four people from the same team are sitting on the couch.  It was really fun, and I actually feel like I would maybe remember people's names, although I might get them mixed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment