Thursday, August 22, 2013

Here We Are Again!

I have been remiss in my blogging!  We've been in CC for a week and a half, and I haven't written a blog post since!  Though, I must say it's not entirely my fault.  My computer started acting up like right after I got back!  What the hey!? lol  I've been very grateful to my dad over the past week and a half since he has spent a lot of his time trying to help me fix it over long distance.  I think (cross your fingers!) that we've finally gotten it functioning properly again!  Yay!  Thanks, Daddy!

Well, our summer vacation in the resort (as my brother and his wife dubbed my parents' house) has ended.  We were both sad to leave and excited to get back to school and our friends here.  Mom and Daddy took us to the airport Monday morning, and we flew into Vegas.  We stayed the night with family and then drove back to CC!  Peter's dad had paid for Paul (Peter's brother) and his wife Kylee to pick up some groceries for us and leave them in our fridge!  We were so grateful for that.  We got into town around lunch time, so we were hungry and very happy to find food waiting for us!

When we first got back, I felt a little lonely.  It was strange to go from a house full of people to just the two of us again.  I miss my family, and wish I'd had more time to spend with them this summer.  This was the first summer I really had to spend working, and (although I'm grateful for the jobs Peter and I found) I must say I'm not overly fond of that.  Especially when I just want to play and spend time with my mom while she's out of school!  Sheesh! (lol)  However, we've enjoyed being able to visit with our friends here again.  We have already had several game nights with friends and seen many people we missed over the summer!

We went to the apartment of our recently married friends Adam and Carly the second night we were back, and when I saw all their pictures on the wall, I knew Peter and I had to do something!  We lived in our apartment all last semester with nary a decoration hung.  Well, we have changed that, and I'm so excited!
My mom got these cute flower pictures for us at Ikea!
This might have been the first picture Peter hung.
Peter and I made a wedding collage!
We're missing a picture that we left in SC lol
We hung my bridal picture up beside it for a nice wall display!

We went up north last week to go to the wedding reception of one of Peter's high school friends.  We were also happy to keep Peter's dad company since his mom was out of town.  Peter tried to throw together a little high school reunion party Saturday night, but only about 10 people showed up (I should qualify this--he invited like 100 people!  Much bigger than any party I've ever held lol).  We came home Sunday after Sacrament meeting and then were invited to a little game night with some of our friends.  We brought a bunch of hot dogs and buns back down South with us because the buns were going to go bad if they weren't eaten, so we had a cookout Monday night with Paul and Kylie and a group of friends, which was really fun! Then last night, we went to see Love's Labours Lost at the Shakespeare Festival!  Fun and busy!

Tuesday, I attended a meeting for tutors on campus, and upon seeing several of my friends on campus, began to finally feel excited about going back to school!  I'm looking forward to getting back into the routine.  I just ordered my books tonight.  Ready or not, here it comes! :)


2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are adorable! I love how you've hung them. I am so bummed I had to miss the party! We were planning on coming, but something came up with Mike's parents, and it ended up taking much longer than we anticipated. Next time you guys are in town, we need to get together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Courtney! We missed y'all at the party, but we understand :) We should certainly get together next time we go up north!

      Delete