Thursday, July 4, 2013

Celebration!

Last night (which just so happened to be the anniversary of our engagement), Peter and I went to see Despicable Me 2!  It was very cute.  After, we went to the empty Target parking lot and Peter had me practice starting Kira's car, which is a stick shift.  It was somewhat nerve-wracking, but he says I did well.  I felt very cute.  My bangs were kind of greasy looking from the day, so I pulled them back, and my hair had been in a braid all day, so it was wavy.  I wore a black shirt (black is a good color on me), along with the red jewelry my sister made for me.  I also borrowed my mom's red purse.  I felt very put together.  We tried to take a picture in the car.  At first we didn't think the speech commands were working because I had turned down the volume and the flash was off, so we had several pictures like the one below.



Then I turned the flash on.


The outfit

Peter strikes a pose


Today is Independence Day!  We went to the Ward Breakfast this morning and had a very good visit with a couple of the members.  We relaxed most of the day.  For lunch/dinner (it happened at about 4pm) I (yes, me!  Mostly by myself.  Peter peeled the potatoes, and Dad peeled the eggs) made bbq roast, potato salad, and baked beans.  I also made homemade ice cream, which Dad froze for us.


My dessert was red, white, and blue!  
Happy 4th of July!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment