Sunday, August 10, 2014

Summer Wedding

A few weeks ago, I had the honor of being a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding.  As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I have mainly been to weddings that are held in our Temples, where we don't have the typical ceremony with bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower-girls and ring bearers.  So this was a new and perhaps unique experience for me to participate in a wedding ceremony as a bridesmaid.  It was really fun!  She was a beautiful bride, and I was grateful to be included in the ceremony.  The wedding was in the groom's parents' backyard, and the groom's father, who is a Bishop in the LDS church, performed the ceremony.  Listening to the words he gave to the couple, I was touched with the feeling that marriage between a man and a woman, when both parties enter it willingly, is sacred to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, no matter where the ceremony is held.  I am grateful to be sealed and married to my kind husband, and I'm so glad my cousin has found a man to love and be loved by.  
Congratulations, pretty lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment