Friday, August 15, 2014

A Week in Carolina

Last week, I went to visit my parents in South Carolina.  It was so nice to hang out with them, go shopping with my mom, and feel like I actually had a bit of a summer break.  I flew in late Wednesday night.  Thursday, I slept in, then Mom and I went to run a few errands.  We grabbed some lunch at McCallisters, then picked up fresh peaches and black berries from a local farmer's stand.  I had requested a meal of squash, lima beans, and black eyed peas, so we also got fresh squash and tomatoes.  As per my request, we also got pedicures.  While we were doing that, Mom decided she wanted a manicure, and got me one, too!

Our Pedi's!


My yummy vegetable dinner!


Friday, Mom and I went shopping.  Of course, we didn't take any pictures, but we found some cute clothes!  Saturday, all three of us drove to Georgia to visit my Grandparents, Aunt and Uncle.  We had  a really good visit with my Aunt Kacky, then had lunch at Olive Garden.  Bambudder (as we call my Grandmother) had gone to the hospital Friday night, so they met us at Olive Garden after she got to check out (she's doing fine).  After, we went Bambudder's house to visit for a little bit before heading back.  I wanted to be in church on Sunday to see everyone from the ward.  I got to see a couple of my high school buddies there.  I even cheated a little and went to the Young Single Adult class, which consisted of about six people.  Even without a teacher we had a really good discussion about Job.

Bambudder and Me
 At the restaurant:


Monday, Mom and I had Krispy Kreme Donuts for breakfast.  Yum!  On our way over and as we got back, it was raining like crazy!  I tried to capture the rain in these pictures.



One of our cats has been having stomach problems, so we took him to the vet.  While we were waiting for the vet, Demon wanted to find somewhere to hide.




 We did some more shopping on Monday, and that evening we went to one of my SC restaurant requests: Genghis Grill, a Mongolian grill. It was Mom's birthday, so it was also for her birthday celebration.


Tuesday, Mom and I stayed at the house and watched movies, then Wednesday Mom had to go back to work, and I had to pack.  I did get to say hello to some of my teachers and Mom's coworkers that I'm friends with, which was also fun.  By the time I left, I was ready to see my husband, but at the same time, the visit with my parents was too short.  I'll have to go visit again, soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment