Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Love at Home

Yesterday, I left our home at around 8:15 in morning.  I went to classes, worked, and attended institute.  I ate lunch with Peter, but did not see him again until about 7:45 in the evening when we both went to practice for a small ensemble.  So, we practiced together and then returned home by 8:30-8: 45.  I came down the stairs into the entry way of our little apartment and saw this:


This may not seem out of the ordinary, but I thought to myself, “This seems cleaner than it was this morning…” I couldn’t help but wonder how it would have gotten cleaned.  Peter and I were at school and work all day.  I dismissed it, thinking it must have somehow gotten straightened before we left for school.  Then I turned to go into the living room.

(Okay, Peter wasn’t folding socks when I walked in since he was with me; I took this pictures after the fact, clearly :P)

Peter had come home at 4:00 (right at the start of one of my classes) and cleaned for 3 HOURS!  He knew the apartment was making me crazy and that I wanted to get it cleaned before my sister comes this weekend, so he came home and did it for me.  Look at this pile of dishes he cleaned!
You should hear a “ding” sound effect here as light reflects off the squeaky-clean dishes ;)

And he hates doing the dishes! (Neither of us are very fond of it, which is why they tend to stack up, but that’s beside the point…)

I was on cloud nine.  I had a clean house!  We could make dinner on our clean counters!  We could eat dinner at our table without fighting for space!  We could sit in our living room and admire it’s loveliness without having to look past clutter!  It was so refreshing.  I felt very loved that he would take the time and effort to do this for me
. 

Thanks a million to the best hubby I could have asked for! (And you have a lovely singing voice, too!)

2 comments:

  1. That is true love right there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he wasn't feeling very good either. He is a good guy!

    ReplyDelete