Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Summer Has Begun!

Almost 3 weeks ago, my hubby and I flew out to SC to spend the summer with my family.  Quite a bit has happened since.  The first week we were here was kind of play week because Matt, Vanessa, and Joshua were in town.  We took family pictures while everyone was here (which turned out very nice), went shopping, and just spent time together.  After Matt and his family left, Peter and I began our job search.  Up until today, my search has gone better than his.  One of the ladies my mom teaches with gave a glowing recommendation of me to her sister for a family that was looking for a summer nanny.  I also sent a resume and cover letter to an insurance company in Charlotte, and they emailed back very quickly and set up an interview.

Last Wednesday, I did a test run babysitting job for them to meet them and to see how things would work out.  They were really nice.  I told them about the interview I have (which is tomorrow, actually).   They said that if I get the internship and it's only a couple days a week or something they might be able to work with me on being their nanny the rest of the time.  So, wish me luck!

Today, Peter finally got 3 calls for job interviews.  He has had nothing previously, but hopefully one of these three will work out for him.

I was also excited to get my first smartphone last week!  It's a Galaxy S3 and I love it!

Last Saturday, we participated in our Ward's day of service.  Peter helped clean up some brush and the rest of us helped clean the outside of a chapel at York Place.  Mom and Kira also took care of lunch for everyone.

Monday was labor day, so the currently working people all had the day off.  We went down to the river walk area and went for a short walk then did some shopping.  This, I think, is the only event I've actually taken pictures of so far lol.




After I took these, my camera died (of course).  I took a pic of dad on my phone, but it was really blurry.

My summer class started on Tuesday and my first book of 2 came in today.  I guess that means I actually have to start working on the assignments, huh?

Well, I hope to be a better blogger the rest of the summer than I have been thus far, but I think this post gets us up to date for the summer, at least.  Talk to ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment