Sunday, March 25, 2012

St. George and YSA Conference

So this weekend was the YSA Conference.  It started with a talent show on Friday night (Songs of the Heart provided the entertainment, singing Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride, while the judges were making their decision.)  Then Saturday, there was a speaker, a lunchbox competition, a humanitarian aid drive, dinner, and a dance.  Peter and I went shopping instead of going to the speaker (I know, we're sinners! haha), and I'm so excited because I helped Peter pick out some shorts and shirts!  Then we went to the humanitarian aid drive, which was pretty good.  After we finished collecting, the Bishop from our "Sister Ward" paid for all of us to go get some frozen yogurt from Krave!  Then we had to go sort everything we had collected and make hygene kits!




After we finished that, they fed us dinner.   Then the dance was at 7pm.  We had time, especially since we didn't really want to be on time, so we went to the mall, and I found some shoes!  I will have to take a picture of them.  A couple of our friends came with us, and helped me find them, which was awesome!

Then we went to the dance.  There was a live swing band, and it was really fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment